Purple potatoes, some recipes
Purple Potatoes have Peruvian origin and are hard to find in the European markets. Unlike the other potatoes, purple potatoes are rich in antioxidants, increase the level of the immune system and prevention of certain cancers. They are also rich in energy with high amount of vitamins and proteins.
I remind you that our products are organic.
They are great for:
-gnocchi with 4 cheese or gorgonzola
-boiled (for example with Octopus)
-Purple Potatoes with herbs
-On pizza mozzarella and potatoes
• Ingredients for 4 people: 800 gr. Purple Potatoes, 200 gr. double zero flour, 2 eggs, salt.
• To prepare potato gnocchi violets put cold water in a saucepan with 15 gr. Of salt. Wash the potatoes and place them in the pot: to be ready 45 minutes it will take about 40-from the boil.
Cover with a lid and cook over flame. To check if the cooking is actually terminated sunk a fork: If sinks easily at the ready. When the potatoes are ready you will put in a colander to drain the water and put them under a jet of cold water so fast that skinning is facilitated and there hands a nasty sunburn. You do still care to let them warm.
• Peel the potatoes and then grind them into the appropriate passes vegetables and below make sure there is a bowl that encourages the dough, then high edges. Pour in the same Bowl the flour flour, eggs
whole, salt and knead vigorously until the mixture will be smooth and turgid.
The dough is good doing it by hand without the use of machines or wooden spoons or metal because it wouldn’t be the same. Divide the dough into as many equal parts that will need to be larger parties than a clenched fist. Then take one piece at a time and forming a loaf. At this stage it is very useful to use a pastry Board in
wood dusted with flour which will favour the handedness and will prevent the dough from sticking.
• Peel the potatoes and then grind them into the appropriate passes vegetables and below make sure there is a bowl that encourages the dough, then high edges. Pour in the same Bowl the flour flour, eggs whole, salt and knead vigorously until the mixture will be smooth and turgid.
• For the sauce it is advisable or cream or Parmesan fondue.
Tater Tots: the ingredients for the preparation of the dough are 800
g potatoes, salt, 2 chicken eggs .50 g Parmigiano Reggiano. For the Breading:
1 egg white, 1 tablespoon milk, ground black pepper, 200 g breadcrumbs, 50 g of Parmesan cheese
· Cook the potatoes in steam or boil them in salted water for 30 minutes.
· Mash them with a masher in a large bowl and if were steamed
Add salt and mix thoroughly.
· Add the eggs, parmesan cheese and grated nutmeg.
Mix the ingredients well.
· Take a spoonful of mixture and form into shape croquettes
cylindrical. Put them on a wooden board.
· Place the cutting board with the croquettes in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
· Meanwhile, prepare the necessary for the Breading.
· In a shallow dish whisk the egg with the milk and freshly ground pepper.
· In another dish, pour the breadcrumbs and mix it with Parmesan cheese
· Pass the croquettes in egg, then in bread crumbs and put them on a plate.
· After the first coating, if you like, you can do another.
· In a pan heat plenty of oil for frying, preferably olive oil. When is piping hot dip the croquettes. Do not overfill the pan to keep decrease the temperature. In the event, make multiple firings.
· When the surface of the Breading is golden brown, drain the croquettes and put them on a plate with paper towels drying them thoroughly and season with salt.
· Serve hot.
Gratin. The ingredients are: 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons flour, grated cheese, 400 g Purple Potatoes sliced, thinly sliced onion, extra virgin olive oil, 4 slices of bacon, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Prepare the sauce by melt butter in a saucepan and Add flour, stirring with a wooden spoon to mix. Add the milk little by little, causing it to boil, stirring constantly until it becomes thick. Stir in the cheese and just melted, remove the Pan from the heat, season with salt and pepper. In a
frying pan, sauté the onion in oil for a few minutes. Add the Diced Bacon and cook it without letting it become crispy. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper, add half of the potatoes cut into slices and sprinkle with onion and bacon. Add the remaining potato slices and pour the sauce previously prepared, covering the entire surface. Sprinkle an ample dose of parmesan and bake at 200 degrees in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Purple Potatoes with herbs. The ingredients are: 600 g purple potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, a clove of garlic, Rosemary, salt and pepper. Boil the potatoes a few minutes in a pot of water with a tablespoon of salt. Transfer the potatoes on a baking sheet while still warm. Peel and mash with a
fork. Heat three to four tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic for five minutes so that they absorb the fragrance. Pour it over the potatoes and sprinkle with chopped Rosemary. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes and stir halfway through cooking. Serve hot.
Pancakes: the ingredients are: 3-4 purple potatoes, a large onion, three eggs, 3-4 tablespoons of flour, salt, pepper, parsley, oil. Peel and grate the potatoes with a cheese grater. Peel the onion and cut into thin slices.
Stir the potatoes, onions and chopped parsley. Beat the eggs, salt and pepper and fold into the potato mixture. Add the flour and stir to mix well. Heat a non-stick pan with oil and pour the mixture into the pan. Cook a couple of minutes in hot oil, then turn to cook the other side.
Pizza. The ingredients are: a frozen pizza, 2 large purple potatoes, olive oil, onion, Rosemary, mozzarella, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Wash the potatoes and onions, Peel and cut into thin slices with a sharp knife. Preheat oven to 200 degrees, roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and transfer to a baking sheet with parchment paper on the bottom.
Spread a little oil on the surface. Cut the mozzarella into small pieces and spill half on pizza, then lay the slices of potatoes and onions, season with salt and pepper. Cover with the remaining mozzarella, parmesan and Rosemary, finely chopped.
Cook the pizza for about 20 minutes or until the crust is Brown and the cheese is melted.
Cut potatoes into match with square section with side of about 6 mm. Cook the potatoes a few at a time into the boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes (just need to soften). Using a slotted Turner or a slotted spoon remove them from the water and place them on trays covered with paper towels to dry. Continue this
so until you run out of potatoes. You can do this up to 4 hours before frying the potatoes, then leave them at room temperature are not covered. Pour peanut oil into a deep pan or a pan off
(the oil should be deep at least 10 cm.) and let it reach the temperature of 175 degrees. Fry the potatoes a few at a time until they are golden brown (about 6 minutes). Drain and put them to lose the excess oil on paper towels. These potatoes are served immediately while still warm, sprinkle with salt (or to taste even with
spices like paprika). If necessary you can keep them warm spread on a baking sheet
in the oven at 150 degrees.